YCGL - Wednesday, November 30, 2022 - Tomorrow Was Another Day - Draft


 Yesterday's dives were very important.  

The last recorded dive I have is dated March 18, 2000 with Jay Puckett as my dive buddy.  Our two families were down to celebrate Erik's and Sarah's upcoming High School graduation.  Being 22-1/2 years since my last dive, I was taking a Reactivation Course through Scuba Du, the dive company at El Presidente Cozumel where we are staying.  I was working with divemaster Alfonso, who was an excellent instructor and I would highly recommend him and the Scuba Du company to anyone interested in diving.  

The two dives were my sign-off dives which indicated that I was sufficiently prepared to continue diving.  And that was important because, being here with Steve and Arthur, I wanted to dive with them and the company they were diving with, Living Underwater.  The owner, Jeremy, was correctly concerned about my health and condition and my medications that he required that I get a statement from my cardiologist that it was ok for me to dive.  He was also concerned that if I was taking a Beta-Blocker as one of my meds that it could be potentially dangerous for me to dive.  We talked with him on Sunday morning and I signed up at Scuba Du that afternoon.  We did a shore dive on Sunday and was scheduled for a pair of deep dives on Monday when I took the shallow dive on the boat deck and came up being potential shark bait because of the bloody nose.  I dove fine on Tuesday, so today, I was ready to dive with Living Underwater recertified and approved medically.  

It had been 15 years since Arthur last dove, so Steve had hired an instructor through Living Underwater to dive with Art on Monday and to dive with Arthur and me today.  We both did fine diving, so we will dive with the regular divemaster Pepe on Friday.  (Steve prefers to dive every other day, and my body is appreciating that today.  I believe I'm going to get a massage tomorrow for some really achy muscles and joints.)  

It's way late, so I'm going to post some pictures and call it good.

Arthur "Waiting on the Dock of the Bay"

Jeremy's Boat, the Jewfish

There were seven of us diving, four with Pepe, us three with Mateo

Pepe and Mateo.  While this looks like Pepe, Mateo is actually
a tall, distinguished, almost aloof gentleman probably in his late 50's.



There were four cruise ships in port this morning.

My take on the classic "bikini on the sand" photo

The sign on the right says "DO NOT WALK OR STAND HERE"
Well, how are you going to read the sign then?

The Cabana Restaurant across the beach, where we have breakfast.

The Lobby is totally open-air.


Typical Caribbean Construction.  They built this wall
over the dead palm tree trunk...


Comments