YCGL - Saturday, July 15, 2023 - Jiggety Jig

 Home again, Home again, Jiggety Jig.  Oops, I probably shouldn't use that one.... I feel like the fat pig already.  

Well, It's been another great trip.  Lot's of family, including a family reunion (quickly), a high school reunion that was two days long and then followed up with visits, museums, amusement parks and lots of Harvest Hosts, which really are a lot of fun.  Like Forest Gump's Box of Chocolates.  You never know.

OK, I've already explained the economics of Harvest Hosts.  Free camping for a night but a donation of some kind strongly suggested.  Or buy something.  Well, a couple of wineries "grabbed the ring" on that one.  But even then, I came out ok.  

Summary:

Total Days:   27

Total Miles:  3464

Miles with Trailer:  2850

Overall Mileage :  11.6 mpg

Average Cost of Diesel:  $3.45/gal

Average Cost Per Day:

        With $775 repair in North Platte :  $132

        Without repair in North Platte:        $98

I can argue both ways with the repair.  It happened while I was traveling:  Include

                                                              The trip itself didn't have anything to do with the repair: Neglect.

Even included, it's hard to travel with gas, motel and all food for that amount.  

The blue graph at the bottom is the elevation of the roads. (Click on the picture to enlarge.)
From Lincoln (600m) to Vermillion (2200m), it's a pretty flat trip.  

And now I'm home until Wednesday-Friday or Saturday.  Our church campout is this week.  It's just up to the BLM land just north of the Lincoln Monument/Blair-Wallis, so I may come home every day for a while.  You never know.  

I'm really tired.  I'll catsup in the next day or two.  Sweet dreams.

Comments

  1. I can certainly appreciate you being tired after 27 eventful days on the road. I've enjoyed every turn of your winding path from my cozy office but am glad that we both get a few days to rest.

    Thanks once again for sharing the adventure! - SteveZ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment