YCGL - Saturday, March 30, 2024 - Day -1 and Trying to count to Ten....

 ACKKKK!!!

It's getting closer and I'm sure my blood pressure is closer to the can of tennis balls I just opened than to the wilted tomato I just passed along to the great compost heap in the sky....

OK, why a can of tennis balls on this fine (but short) day?  It certainly isn't for tennis.  I needed a cover for the greased up trailer hitch ball.  And I'm glad I did it now rather than wait till I was on  the road, because it took a razor knife and a pair of tin snips to cut the dang thing open.  (By the way, if you want more bounce in your balls, try opening a can (are they still called "cans" since they are plastic containers now?) of balls at 7220 feet.  They bounce like superballs.  If course, that will probably last until Tuesday or Wednesday before the air pressure decreases from diffusion, but hey, if you've got that big game coming up, go for it.  I finally cut a big enough hole and side slits to fit over the hitch, I think.  I'll know the next time I unhitch.  

And really, I don't have time to write here, so here I am, increasing my blood pressure.  And off to pack some more, well, not S'mores, I do have the graham crackers (which were named after their inventor, Dr. Graham) and two year old Hershey bars that have been in the refrigerator, but I'd have to pack the marshmallows inside the tennis ball can under pressure to keep them from turning into building blocks.  Unless your making life-sized models of the Taj Mahal.  In which case, I could give you several years worth of bags of fluffy white bricks to use.  

So, off to pack.....

 YCGL - Sunday, March 31, 2024 - Day 1 - Easter and St. Vrain - 115 miles

 YCGL - Thursday, March 28, 2024 - My Texas Eclipse Trip March 28, 2024

Comments

  1. Where is the laughing emoji with the tears streaming down its face when I need it... Jaye

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment