YCGL - February 27, 2024 - Yes, I did get lost....And Found... And Going Home

 I'm sorry.  

I haven't been able to keep up with my diary.  For a variety of reasons.  Not because I haven't been thinking about it.  And maybe guilty that I got so far behind that I didn't have time to catch up.  Well, I can always catch up, and plan to.  In the end, I took a lot of underwater photos 95% of which aren't worthy of reproduction, but some are.  And some video editing of a great afternoon tubing in ???  some island somewhere that I'll look up when I get back home.  

And sleep.  I've slept a lot, a whole lot, a ton, like over 10 hours last night.  And I realized that maybe I'm not tired, but exhausted.  I think I hit the nail on the head (and the wall) early on.... Too Much, Too Fast, Too Soon.  I think I'm still recovering from my kidney stone, which I still haven't passed.  Much smaller, I'm not afraid of it, I've got my pills in the backpack, so they aren't far away if something happens on the flight back.  But I was in severe pain for eight days before the stent was removed, and then I had to get myself ready for travel.  

But these are excuses, the fact is I didn't get writing like I should and wanted to.  I've got another month to catch up.  

The bottom line, I had a great time.  (And my warning alarm that I have 15 minutes to evacuate the room just went off.)  I saw some beautiful islands, most of which I enjoyed, met some nice people, but still enjoyed eating most dinners by myself.  The snorkeling was kind of a disappointment and that was one of my prime reasons to go, and the trip out yesterday was not what I was expecting, but ended up being a good wrap-up.  I was talking to a younger couple and I told them I was from Laramie, WY.  He said, "The only thing I know about Wyoming is the Troopers."  My jaw dropped.  The Troopers are Wyoming's Drum and Bugle Corp, known as "America's Corp".  He had marched for a troop out of Alabama a little bit later than Erik marched for the Troopers.  Instant bond!  

So, now I have to wrap it up.  I'll probably see you next in Laramie.  Bye!!!

Oops, Hello again, I have an hour plus before I get picked up for the airport and I'm sitting in the hotel's office.  I don't think I've talked about Alicia's Inn.  It is a small hotel in Philipsburg two blocks from what is really one of the nicest beaches on the island.  And Philipsburg is the capital of Sint Maarten.  

Comments

  1. Glad you had a good trip and are on your way home. Loraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an amazing trip. Glad you had fun and also caught up on some sleep!
    Jaye

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment