YCGL - Thursday, June 20, 2024 - Day 8 - We are in Thessaloniki

 We are here!  Let's see, I woke up about 8:30am yesterday, The flight was supposed to take off at 9:00pm, but it was an hour late, 13.5 hours.  The flight was 12.5 hours.  Our second flight to Thessaloniki was about 2 hours later, 1.5 hours flying. Passport and customs control was 1 hour.  Two more hours til now, so that's 

13.5+12.5+2+1.5+1+2 = 32.5 hours without sleep....I couldn't sleep on either flight.

So, I'm tired.  Soon to bed and sleep.  

-  The Istanbul airport is huge, monstrous, ginormous,  we know because we walked from Concourse F to Concourse B and it took almost 25 minutes at a constant good pace.  Wall-to-wall duty-free shops, McDonald's, Chick Filet, Popeye's Chicken, Burger King....we felt right at home.  

- Thessaloniki is the second largest city in Greece, after Athens of course.  It has over a million people here.  Our guide's name is Artemis, goddess of the hunt, the moon and wild beasts.  I hope we aren't going to be her wild beasts.  The bus is brand-spanking new.  It has a cute little bathroom off to the side of the rear steps.  

I'll have pictures tomorrow.  At Philippi.  I hope.  If I can get the group together....ha.....

Comments

Post a Comment