YCGL - Friday, Sept 8, 2023 - We arrive in Florence

 Ok, now, we shift in time again and its back to Friday the 8th, at least in US time and date.  Slowly, I'm getting more telephone functions working, as I've added an eSim card and I think the features are working in.  I will tell you/warn you:

NOTHING TO DO WITH VERIZON WILL WORK!  I HAVE ROAMING OFF AND I HOPE TO HIGH HEAVEN THAT IT DOES NOT KNOW THAT MY PHONE IS ALIVE AND WELL IN EUROPE, I.E., DON'T CALL, DON'T TEXT, BECAUSE NEITHER OF THEM SHOULD BE WORKING!!!  I HOPE!!  OTHERWISE, ITS $10/DAY FOR SOMETHING THAT SHOULD NOT BE WORKING.

On the other hand, I think I have my phone working.  Just don't tell anyone that I am secretly "A French Person", at least according to my eSim.  My phone number is +33 6 72 54 73 09 in case you need to get in touch with me, and I am also on WhatsApp at the same number.  However, my email is still the same and a save bet, as often as I read it here.  

I wrote in the last blog that we made it to Florence and the hotel had a problem with our reservation.  Here is what we should have seen out the window:


This is the Church of Santa Maria Novella, which is right across the piazza from our hotel, the Hotel Santa Maria Novella.  And you would think with that name, we should be able to see the church, only it didn't work out.  Shoot.  
After dinner, Erik and I walked around a bit to see the historic downtown, and finally came to the centerpiece of Florence, the Church of Santa Maria del Fiore, Saint Mary of the Flowers, the Doumo church of Florence:
And much more on that on the 11th!
Good Night!

YCGL- Friday, September 8, 2023 - We’re in Florence

Comments