YCGL - Wednesday, Sept 27, 2023 - Bergen to Oslo

 Hello all,

It's been a long day.  We did Norway in a Nutshell from Bergen to Oslo, then to the airport and then to our hotel.  It is an hour ride on a train, 50 mins on a bus, 2 hours on a ferry, 55 minutes on the Flambana train, and then six hours from Myrdal to Oslo.  And it rained, drizzled, was cloudy, breaking clouds, cold, wind, warm, a real smorgasbord of weather.  

It's called Norway in a Nutshell because it goes through mountain farms (including four of my great grandparents farms), open farms, a UNESCO World Heritage fjord and mountains, up the steepest non-cog railroad in Europe.  And the long train ride to Oslo passed four (and more) family farms of my great grandparents and other relatives.  It is a long day.  But so worth it.  It is a great wrap-up to a grand trip.  Everything has worked out well.  

And tomorrow, I fly to Barcelona for two nights.  Maybe I'll have more time to write there (Ha!).  

Just a few pictures.  Sadly, the overcast, rainy day destroyed the natural colors of the landscape.  I wish I could reproduce them.  






This is the village that the movie Frozen was based on. 






Taken between slats in the snow tunnels.

Needless to say, it is one of the most beautiful places on earth.  I wish it were a clear day, but you take what you get.  

And its 2:30 and I need to leave for the airport at 6:45, so its off to power sleeping....





Comments