YCGL - Minnesota - Day 18 - Wednesday , May 4 - Saint Cloud - 0 miles

Let me be the last to wish "May the fourth be with you!"  I'm the last because I am actually writing this on Cinco de Mayo. And to mess things up more, I had Mexican food on the 4th instead of on the fifth, when I could have gotten cheap margaritas.  

A couple of weeks ago, I got a email from a person who said he was the grandson of Esten Moen.  Esten is a younger brother of Kirsti Moen, Sally's grandmother.  I got really excited because Esten was one of the siblings I knew the least about.  Jeff is a dentist in Brainerd, MN.  He got on to genealogy to help his son get eligible for a scholarship.  This is the reason I adjusted my schedule so I could meet him.

Brainerd is due north of St. Cloud.  Sally and I and two of her high school girlfriends have gotten together in Baxter, MN for a number of years, not knowing he was there.  I drove up and had a really good time going through the Moen relationships and farm history, even bringing out my pictures from the cruise that Sally and I took in 2018 to the family home, Fremmermoen, in Vingelen, Norway.  (One reason for me to try and learn Norwegian.)  The Moen family has lived on Fremmermoen for 400 years.

Esten is just to the right of center in the bottom row.  Unfortunately, Kirsti is just to the left of Johanna Moen off the page.  

Thanks Jeff, I had a good time getting back into the family. :)

 

Comments