YCGL -Minnesota - Day 27 - Friday , May 13 - Laradice, WY - 198 (Updated)

 I'm home.  Tanks dumped, gas filled, mail inside but not sorted yet, grocery store and shot run coming up fast, but wanted to report in.  

BTW, just for fun, I-25 was closed for high and light vehicles from Cheyenne to Douglas.  I drove straighter into the wind and though buffeted, safe and sound.  However, the dump station at the Territorial Park is next to I-80, and all traffic was parked on the east bound lane.  I'm glad I got home when I did.  

Just a few updates.  The total cost of the trip came out to $133 per day.  That includes all the gas (at right under $4.00 a gallon) (at 7.4 mpg), all my food and groceries, tickets, i.e., all my expenses on the trip.  You can hardly find a nice motel at $133 a night (including taxes.)  

But, something I felt starting last year after Sally died.  The motorhome is too big and, for me, too cumbersome.  I need something smaller and more convenient to drive.  ("Forshadowing, a sign of good cartooning....", Calvin and Hobbes, I think)

Hey, it's a great way to travel.   

[Put Big Smiley Face Here]

Comments