YCGL - September 6, 2022

 Almost every Tuesday since we donated Sally's piano to hospice, a dear friend, Donna, has been coming in and playing piano for the clients and the staff.   Donna used to be our organist at Trinity Lutheran, but switched over to the Presbyterian church about 20 years ago.  

I've been trying to get over there so I can hear her play. I was hoping she would be there about 3 weeks ago when I gave hospice a picture momento of Sally and a small brass plate to put beside the keyboard.  




The article was from the front page of the Laramie Boomerang the week she retired (June 5, 2015).  You can see the picture framed in the video.

I got over there this morning and met up with Donna and listened to her for almost an hour.  September 11th, 2022, she will be celebrating her 90th birthday.  She still plays the organ at the Presbyterian church two Sundays a month.

Close your eyes and listen to the songs, especially the last two.  I can just hear Sally and Sandy sitting on the piano bench and sing through folk songs and pop songs, trading back and forth on the piano.  It really struck me.

And then this evening, Liz called and we talked for an hour.  She showed me around the new beach house/AirBnB that she and Nick purchased in Lincoln City.  It was fun to hear her talk about decorating and modifying the house to get it ready.  

Liz and Nick now have the patter of little feet around the house.  Four of them, in fact.  They have a new dog, Chowder.  In fact, the name of the AirBnB house is Casita de Chowder.  Liz says, "...so it's actually her house (but the paperwork is in my name until she is old enough. 😉"






Yep, I'm a proud grandparent of a grand dog.  Maybe I should get a bumper sticker! 


Comments