YCGL - Tuesday, September 27, 2022 - Liz in Albuquerque

The big event of the day is Liz flying from Portland.  Her flight came in at 2:20 and I drove to the Sunport International Airport by myself to pick her up.  It was fun and sooo good to see her walking toward the truck.  

Starting this Saturday, next week is Albuquerque's Balloon Festival.  There will be hundreds of hot air balloons and crowds all over.  Since this was Tuesday, we weren't sure what the impact would be on local eateries.  

Jaye had a doctor's appointment on the north side of town at 3:30, very close to the Balloon Park and close to the El Pinto restaurant.  We set up reservations at El Pinto for 4:30 which worked out well.  Liz had not eaten since the morning and we wanted to avoid any potential early ballooners.  


Dinner came after a pitcher of Margaritas and an appetizer platter. It was a fun meal and everyone left happy and satisfied.  (However, I see where maybe the shorts had not been a good investment!)  

Liz was kidding me about how much I use my phone to check on things.  I like to know who, what, when, where and how come, so I had to reenact the crime.
I'm sure she is correct!


Comments