YCGL - Day 15 - Sunday, April 14, 2024 - Half Way Home

Seems strange, but I'm half-way through my trip.  This getting sick has messed up my timing and I've been off a day or two this week.  I decided to not go to church this morning.  I really enjoy going to Grace Lutheran because of mom and dad's involvement there over the years and I like the pastor there also.  But my stomach wasn't into even if my heart was.  

(The old joke, a pastor notices a very consistent attender was not in church.  The pastor drives out to the farm and sees the farmer out on his tractor.  He tells the farmer that he was missed in church.  The farmer replies, "You know, pastor, I think its better to be out in the field thinking about church than in the church and thinking about my field."   I long term favorite.)

I hung around the trailer all day, reading and sleeping.  I know, what could be worse than reading or sleeping?  Really it was to get my stomach ready for dinner.

Claudia and Carol decided it was a good day to go to Margarita's, a favorite Mexican restaurant in Conroe.  We've gone there since I was in high school here.  It's located on a piece of land that dad owned for a while.  He had 10 acres on a corner of the main highway through town and the loop road around Conroe that still hadn't been constructed yet.  

We got there at 4:30 for an early dinner.  We consisted of Mike and Claudia, Pete and Carol, Andy, me and Cal and Diana.  Diana has been a long-time friend of Claudia's who adopted our family since she doesn't have any here.  Her husband Cal is 92 and has had a very interesting life.  I enjoy talking to him.  Unfortunately, I forgot to put in my hearing aids before I left the trailer and so I had trouble hearing him in the noisy restaurant.  They have been on seven Caribbean cruises since November.  It's some traveling he can still do.  

I've always eaten the same meal there, #21-Mexican Plate.  I ordered it, but not the large Margarita I usually have here.  In fact, it's been almost a week since I've had any alcohol because it would really get my stomach going.  And, like usual, I got a to-go box with the dinner and split it in half.  And it was still a little to much.  

So, another day with gastric distress, not as bad, but I'm ready to done.

Comments