YCGL - Day 18 - Wednesday, April 17, 2024 - Nominations for Numb Skull of the Year Awards are Open


 I woke up with a slight chill that morning, and a warm refrigerator and realized that I was out of propane in my active tank.  I have two tanks, so I just switched my regulator from the empty one to the full one.  I contacted Pete and asked where he would fill his tank and he recommended a place on Highway 105, the main east-west highway through Conroe and Montgomery.  I loaded the empty tank inside the pickup because the back is so fully packed, I couldn't get a one liter propane bottle in there, much less a 30 pound tank.  I got it filled, got back to the campground, placed the filled tank back into its stand and clamped it down.  I checked the regulator and it showed that the full tank was not pressurized.  It shook me up, in that I had just filled it before I left on the trip.  I checked the refrigerator and it was warmer than it had been before.  (54 degrees in the frig, 34 degrees in the freezer.)  I unhooked the "full" tank, lifted it (it weighs a total of about 54 pounds full), and it was.  And then it struck me.  When I switched the regulator earlier, I had never opened the valve on the "full" tank.  Duhhhh!  Whap!!!!  DOH!!!!  And sadly, because I had wanted to check the propane, I had switched the refrigerator from electric to gas, so it never had a chance to cool.  Luckily, the food in the freezer was still hard, so it hadn't had a chance to thaw.  However, I did start throwing out stuff from the refrigerator (and probably could have thrown out more.  I really didn't need to live that dangerous with my stomach condition.)

After various fiddle-faddling around the trailer, it was getting to be dinner time, so PC&A came by the campground and picked me up for dinner.  We ate at a pizza place called MOD's, where they make pizza's to your order, kind of like Subway or Chipotle.  Very good.  And we met Christie and her daughter Finley there.  Cody was still not feeling well, so he and Kyle stayed home.  Christie is an elementary school teacher (bless her soul) and really loves it, despite the administration.  Finley is an eighth grader and heavily into drama.  She just was selected to play two parts in two Shakespeare play adaptions, both male, so she is proudly saying she's playing "two boys!"   



You can reverse one of the pictures if it bothers you!
Anyway, it was fun to see and talk to them.  

Liz sent me a text of two graphics.  


And the moral of the story is "how many people can't understand the very basic, "don't look at the sun."  "Duh...and again, I say Duh!"  (Picture Marlon Brando ripping his t-shirt in Streetcar)  

I guess I'm not the only one to do something dumb.  

Comments

  1. What a great picture! Glad you are enjoying time with the family. Make sure to say hello to them from the Talbotts.
    Jaye

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment