YCGL - Day 16-17 - Monday and Tuesday, April 15-16, 2024 - OK, I give in....

 Monday and Tuesday were both kind of identical days.  I stayed in the trailer til early-mid afternoon, went to Pete and Carol's, had dinner with them, watched a movie or two and back to trailer.  My stomach is still feeling rocky and other effects are bothersome.  

Mike and Claudia came over to Pete's for a a while on Tuesday so we could talk and not scream over the restaurant noise.  Mike is turning 81 the day after Sally's birthday and Claudia is a little older (I won't tell a woman's age!).  They are both doing better than in the recent past, but they are purposely slowing their travel down.  And both have quit playing golf, which is earth shattering news.  Claudia is also starting to drop some of her commitments and jobs but is still active in her church work.  

When Claudia walked in the first thing she said to me was "You should go to one of the urgent care places and get some medication," which was a great suggestion.  I gave in and went to the Urgent Care close to the assisted living place where mom lived, Live Oak.  I talked to the nurse and the doctor who were there and she prescribed two meds, to be taken for the next five days.  

I met P, C, and A at McKenzie's BBQ for dinner.  It's a small restaurant chain in Huntsville, Conroe and Montgomery.  Their BBQ is consistently good and not too hot.  I had the 5 rib dinner and ended up giving two of the ribs to Andy.  He's a growing boy young man who turns 40 on June 14 when I'm back in Montgomery.  It tasted good and I'm happy we went.  We were supposed to meet P&C's daughter Christie and family there, but her son Cody had a fever and they opted out.  

Comments