YCGL - Friday, March 10, 2023 - Another Day of Basketball......

 There were two games on Friday.  And, while being the "best" four teams, the games were sleepers.  At least for me.  The schools' fans were very enthusiastic and loud, very loud, as was the sound system.  I'm sorry Erik, "Electronic Repetitive Disco Dance Music" played at super sonic levels just doesn't do it for me.    Chip had a pair of good quality ear plugs that she put in, and I had my hearing aids turned off.   

We sat in the CSU section for the first game, down about the 6th row back.  These were the die-hards since CSU lost yesterday, but they were a very small island surrounded by a sea of loud San Diego fans.  #1San Diego beat #5San Jose easily at 64-49.  Some days, even good teams shoot badly.

We went up into the upper stands for the second game with #3Utah State beating #2Boise State 72-62. 

The last two minutes of the game got to be a foul-fest and took well over 30 minutes to end.  Of course, anytime Boise gets beat, it is a win.. But, the takeaway from that game was we would sit above the concourse for the final.  

Maybe the best thing on Friday was at 11:30 that night, I decided I wanted some fish and chips.  Yelp directed me to the Badger Cafe about a mile west of the Thomas and Mack.  They were really good, the cook was my waiter, it was a good, old fashioned 24 hour eatery.  They did a special on burgers and I saw some other people's onion rings that looked great, so that will be a go to place next year.  

These places are good to find.

Comments