YCGL - Sunday-Monday, March 5-6, 2023 - Lost Wages - Let the Games Begin!

I’m going to let you in on a little secret.  I really hate this place.  Oh, Thomas and Mack Arena is nice (except the $20.00 parking and absolutely nothing close to healthy to eat). 

I know when the Mountain West tried to move to the Pepsi Center in Denver, the ticket sales died, they lost money and vowed to never leave Las Vegas again.  

Me, I try to stay off the Strip as much as possible.  I might try to catch the fountain at the Bellagio if it’s convenient.  Sally loved that, and “Love”, the Circus Soleil Beatles show which we saw twice.  And the week at the RV place was $140 staying in the parking lot about 5 miles away. All my windows are closed on the trailer, so it doesn’t matter what it looks like outside. 

I’m here for the basketball. It will be the last live BB I’ll see until the Fall, unless the Cowgirls get the NIT and it’s scheduled in Laramie.  Which is possible. In 2008, Laramie hosted the whole series, including the Championship game (which we won!). They select the venue based on the attendance during the season, and UW always supports that.  

Sunday:
The Sunday games are always the lower side of the bracket, but even those games are a lot of fun.  Of course, the intensity is always high, even for the bottom of the bracket.  Everyone tries for “that brief and shining moment.”  And that’s why people come.  (And to spend a lot of money!)  But, none of my teams were playing, so I won't spend any more time here.

Monday:

The first game today was #1UNLV vs #8Nevada-Reno which UNLV walked over 84-47.  

The second game was #5San Diego against #4New Mexico.  Sadly, San Diego beat NM 62-61 in a buzzer beater.  Sorry, Tyler, I tried for you.  

Coming up, #2UW is the third game. #10San Jose beat #7Air Force 62-51 so that’s who we’ll play tonight.  

The fourth game is #3CSU against “#6Boise State ("which isn’t a State.”)  


The #2UW vs #10San Jose went much better than the second game.  My friend Chip took some pictures of the Wyoming crowd and thinks we probably have the largest fan base here of all the teams (except the home team,  UNLV).

I’m standing behind the lady in red on the right hand side of the aisle.  





The score at halftime!   



Couch Ezell working the team.  Being cheered on by Barrelman!


Barrelman in all his Glory!!!


“And the Score, Oh the Score” (Wyoming sports announcer Dave Walsh!). Wyoming 72 vs San Jose 57!  We’re “Movin’ on up, In the bracket!  To a new game together in the Mack!”



Against who???
The #3CSU vs #6Boise State game followed ours.  I’ve been sitting with Chip and she has coerced me into wearing Green for the game (since I went there for 9 years)!  I hated to let Margie McDonald see me like this, but i compromised and wore my Wyoming vest with it.  



CSU is tied with Boise at the half, 26 even.  I would rather play CSU in the next game than Boise, so I’m wearing the colors today, but not tomorrow!



It was a dogfight, but CSU final beat Boise 59-52.  

Tomorrow, #1UNLV plays #5San Diego at 5:00 and #2we play #3CSU at 7:30.  Great, that gives me time to do laundry tomorrow morning.  

Comments