YCGL - Wednesday, March 1,2023 - Short and to Las Vegas

I decided to go to the Mountain West Basketball Tournament on Sunday.  However, after the girls beat CSU, they ended up in second place uncontested in the standings so if they play well the first game, they should go to the NIT (which would probably be in Laramie) and if they play well in the second game, they should have a bid for the NCAA Tournament.  So it seemed right to go.  

And it was reinforced on Monday when the boys beat #3 Nevada-Reno 80-71.  They are still at the bottom, but with that win going into the tournament, they could also do respectably.  

Not that any of this has been easy.  I was so late making reservations in Las Vegas that I didn’t have a firm location until Monday night.  Turns out there is a big NASCAR race that same weekend.  Then, many of the RV parks are closed for the season. And on Tuesday, it took over three hours to get general admission tickets for all nine sessions.  

I’ll fill in the details of getting ready, driving and tonight’s campground when I have internet service working on the computer.   

As I said, short ……

Comments