YCGL - Friday, March 3, 2023 - Three in a Row, I Lose!

What a streak I’m on!  Three campgrounds in a row without an internet connection.  Which really messes up a lot of things, my blog, my notes for Duolingo (Norwegian Bokmål), my cost and mileage spreadsheets and others.  

Tonight I’m at Indian Peaks Campground owned by the Indian Peaks Band of Paiutes, on the Indian Reservation.  Nothing special, another campground from what I’ve seen so far.

But it does bring up an exciting topic.  Because of the cold, I’ve been traveling dry, not using any water in my fresh water tank or hooked up to a hydrant. I carry a couple of gallons of water all the time and just use what I need.  Well, it’s going down to 22 tonight, but I decided to try out the “Four Season” claim on the outside by the door.  It was 34 degrees when I filled the tank at 6:00pm and the water temperature was 48.3.  It is now (1:00am) 24 degrees outside and the water temperature is 46.5.  I’ve been keeping the interior between 65 and 70, so the heater does seem to be heating the water.  I’ll check some more when I get up during the night.  If this is correct, that gives me a lot more flexibility for Speing and Fall camping.  The motorhome had tank heaters but the trailer doesn’t.  Sure seems like that would be a no brainer for an heavy duty winter camper.  I’m going to looking into installing them when it gets warmer.    

Oh yeah, and I fixed their leaking hydrant.  It was so bad that when I opened the handle, the water flowing passed the valve hit me in the face. THAT was a surprise.  I tightened the gland around the valve stem an it solved the problem. 

Las Vegas tomorrow and temperatures ranging from highs in the low 60s and Lowe’s in the lower 40s!  No freezing, so I’ll get my hot water heater working tomorrow.  👍🏼

Go Pokes!!!  

Comments