YCGL -Tuesday, March 7, 2023 - Four Strikes and Your Out - Ugh and Arg (And Go Cowgirls!) - Final

I’m really frustrated.  

After not having internet access for the previous  three days, I was looking forward to having a good signal in Las Vegas. But no, “We don’t have internet here.  Most of our residents have their own.”  So, I bought a hotspot device.  I hope T-Mobile has better service in the west than Verizon.  We’ll find out.  (It didn't seem to be much better.)

And working on my phone blogger, I’ve lost 3 attempts to publish what I’ve written the last couple of days.  So I’m going to keep a draft status going for a while.  And like voting in Texas, I’ll publish early and often.  

There were two games played on  Tuesday (the 7th)  for the Semi-Final.  The first game was UNLV vs SDSU.  There really wasn’t much chance of San Diego winning, but I would just as soon see #1 lose to #5.  And it was a really good game, San Diego played well, but UNLV eventually won 71-68.  

The second game, I had a lot of skin in,  #2UW vs #3Colorado State University. I tried to sit at mid court on the UW side so Chip could sit on the CSU side, but there were so many UDub fans she opted to sit in the next section over.  During the first three days, I think there were more UW fans than any other school, except possibly the home team, UNLV, whose women were ranked #1.  





The score at halftime.  



And finally, The Score (oh the score). The Poke Women won the Border War 3 65-56.  (During the season, we lost the first game at CSU and won the second game in Laramie.) Winning the third Border War on a neutral court was as much fun as staying in 2nd place and playing in the Championship game tomorrow!  It was a great victory for the women!



(In truth, these get to be long days. My sitter is beginning to get seated out, and my stomach is more than ready for some regular food.)

Comments