You Can’t Get Lost - 22

 When I visit people on a motorhome trip, I usually still stay in the motorhome.  I’m used to my bed, I can have my stuff out, I don’t subject my hosts to my hours, etc., but I do like taking showers inside.  To simplify things, I get dressed in what I’m going wear for the day and put my toiletries in a plastic grocery bag. 

Being Sunday, I put on my “go to meeting” clothes and run out of the motorhome to use the guest shower in Bob and Loraine’s.  I was running a little late, (what, me late???) but was quick in the shower, at least for me, and went into the den to greet Bob.  I then realized I had not put in my hearing aids, so went back out to the motorhome where I realized I had not put my keys in my pocket when getting dressed.  And I lock the motorhome when I leave it.  I had a brief moment when I tried to remember the last time I checked my Hide-A-Key and some of the adventures I’ve had since then (where I won’t mention the motorhome off-roading in the mountains camping trip, or even the snow/ice sliding I did on Day 1, or the I locked my key in the motorhome experience at Bob and Loraine’s several years ago which prompted the Hide-a-Key initially).  

But the key was there, we were on time and I could hear in church!  It’s good to be Baptist every once in a while.   The music is so different, even the hymns I know sound different with the electric rhythm band and all.  Not much like Bach and a multi rank pipe organ like I'm used to.   And their preacher is very good.  I remembered him from our last visit, so it was enjoyable and meaningful.  

As was lunch.  At Chili's.  I had the baby back ribs with Texas dry rub, which is salt, pepper and garlic.  It was surprisingly good.  At least they weren't drenched in BBQ sauce while they are cooking, St. Louis style.  A person has to have some standards.

The big event for the day, however, was watching the Cowgirls play basketball, at home in Laramie for the second round of the NIT.  They beat Tulsa in a Triple Over Time game, winning 97-90.  That's a lot of points for a women's game.  And, I could see Joe and Mary and my seat in many of the camera shots.  We'll be playing UCLA in the next game.

For dinner, we had a common Marlow Sunday night dinner, at ColdStone Ice Cream.  They took Sally and I to a Cold Stone in Phoenix back 1986-8 or so when they lived there the first time.  The Butter Pecan with Caramel and Walnuts tasted good 😊 and was very filling, even if it was a little light on fiber...(But who am I to complain with tradition.)

BTW, The red thing on Loraine's head is not a tiara, but a Bougainvillea in full bloom behind.   

Finally, we tried to play Three Handed Password.  The four of us have played Password together since the 1980s.  We took a vacation together about 1990 to Cozumel, and sat in the A and B seats in two adjoining rows coming back and played Password over the back of the seat.  We've been through boxes of cards over the years, but always played as the same two teams, Bob and Sally, and Loraine and me.  If you look closely at the box, it says "For 3 or more players".  This was the first time with only three players and we all agreed it was a different and incomplete game without Sally.  One person coming up with clues didn't have the benefit of a different point of view to play off of.  We may play try it again, or maybe not.  Sorry Honey.  We missed you.



Good friends for over 50 years!  Courtney was not here, she was visiting her sister Kimberly and her family.  Bob and Loraine were doggie-sitting Kela (or Quila or something like that.)  A beautiful and well trained dog.  

Thanks, guys, it is always fun to be with you!!!

Comments

Post a Comment