You Can't Get Lost - Day 25

 Greetings from balmy, warm Albuquerque.  

I got to beautiful Albuquerque last night, and woke up to 2" of snow on the ground.  Go figure.  Of course, the morning temperature is probably the warmest I've been in except Phoenix, so it melted off quickly.  It certainly didn't affect anything of significance....except my electrical system.  When I woke up at 4:30 that morning, the electricity from the house was off.  It started up again, and then was off again when I woke up.  Lyndon had awaken during the night and noticed that the tv was off, so reset the breaker.  Then it tripped again between 5:30 and 8:30.  Now, my mattress pad is running off my Lithium batteries, so my bed stayed warm, but the rest of the motorhome was in the low 50s, not uncommon with the camping we do, but a little unexpected here.  Lyndon had a line voltage/wattage gauge so we checked all the configurations of my heaters and dead loads.  Bottom line, when I'm on a 15Amp circuit, I have to run my heaters on low, water heater off and my mattress pad, computer and phone off the lithium batteries.  

That afternoon, I worked on the blog and genealogy.  Several years ago, I found that a friend had a second family that he and his sibs didn't know about.  It wasn't quite the same for Lyndon's family, but several years ago we located a lot of family members that Lyndon remembered or remembered their names.  He just got a message from a second cousin and we were able to determine how she was related.  We also talked about Jaye and Lyndon's upcoming Alaska cruise.  They are doing a trip similar to Sally and my 40th anniversary trip, but the other direction.  We started in Fairbanks with Sarah and Josh and the kids and went south.  They are starting in Vancouver and heading north.  

Later that evening, we all ate at a seafood place called Slapfish.  There are 12-15 outlets across the country and London.  I had this image in my head of a fish upside down and strung with four strings being played like a slap bass violin, which of course would also be like a slap (sea) bass.  Crazy image but that's what stuck.  Could have been from the Musical Instrument Museum in Phoenix.  The fish and chips were good.

A good day.


 

Comments