You Can't Get Lost - Day 7

 I reached the first major goal today.  I made it to Las Vegas and will start going to the Mountain West Tournament tomorrow.  I've almost completed 45% of the trip in the motorhome.


I said yesterday that I was able to fill my water tank and clean it out because I was out of freezing weather.  When I left Sevier, UT this morning, it was in the mid 40's. By the time I had driven 23 miles to where I70 joins I15 between Salt Lake and Las Vegas, it had started snowing and blowing.  It snowed, sometimes pretty heavily, for the next 50 miles.  Since the road surface was warmer over the past couple of days, it continued to spray water, salt, silt, and sand on the windshield.  I used a lot of the windshield wiper fluid.  It was pretty intense.  And the wind blew most of the way here.  I was getting buffeted pretty hard on the wet surface.  But I have prevailed.  

And I was worried about driving into Las Vegas.  It was 4:30 when I got here, and I was concerned about the 5:00 Saturday traffic.  But there was only one place where there was a hangup where two lanes merged, but for the most part, traffic was actually very light and I drove right to the Las Vegas RV Resort.  It is just a big RV park, with over 250 spaces.  OTOH, it is rated 10/10/10 by Good Sam, so its got some benefits.

After I got hooked up, I saw the last of the sunset, the palm tree and the trailer from Wyoming.  You can kind of  see how dirty the Sonic is, look at the windshield between what has been cleaned with the wiper and what hasn't.  The third is one of my square water bottles showing the air pressure difference between this morning and tonight.  But, I'm here. 

Let the games begin!





Comments

  1. Whoohoo Daddy! Vegas and starting a blog, what a day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We understand you’re driving story. Once we left Moab and headed north to Salt Lake City. We took a left on Highway 80 and noticed signs for wind warnings. And we drove into the teeth of a 60 mile an hour almost headwind. The slide toppers unroll three separate times because of the wind. Finally Gerald had to climb up on the top of my RV and tie them down. The wind was so bad with the RVs rocking and rolling we pulled into a truck rest stop and spend the night. The problem you had with your water bottles we have the same problem with our sleep number bed but in reverse. Coming from 400 feet above sea level to 5000 feet can inflate the bed to rock hardness . We have to remember to let air out before we do A climb. This is part of our RVing. Persever survive enjoy. And make small repairs on the way.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment