You Can't Get Lost - Day 13

Hmmm, it seems to be an appropriate "Day 13" for the the outcomes.  

Both my home teams lost.  

Bahhh!

The #4Pokes played #1Boise State, the team you love to hate.  We got behind from the start, and were down 14 at the half, 37-23.  The team was still down by 12 at the 4:30 mark, and then went on a scramble, getting it to 64-61 with 30 seconds left.  And then dropped off to end at 68-61.  We outscored them 38-31 in the second half.  It was one of those games that you felt we could have won if the run started two minutes earlier.  The team of freshman forward, Graham Ike and junior guard Hunter Maldonado, seemed stunned and did not put together their best games.  The Pokes are on the bubble for going to the NCAA or the NIT.  We'll find out Sunday at the NCAA Selection Party at the Rochelle Center.  Either way, we've got some more men's basketball to watch.  (Hopefully Women's also.)



The #2Colorado State Rams played a closer game with #3San Diego, They also played a come from behind game and got it within three points at the 0:20.  They ended at 63-58.  They should be going to the NCAA Big Dance.  

This has pretty much been my life for the past week.  This, an unhealthy collection of junk food and a couple of trips to Walmart have been my Las Vegas experience.  And I haven't lost a penny on bets.  (You couldn't fine a penny bet, ha!).  Hopefully, I'll catch up with Jaye and fam tomorrow (Saturday, the12th) and get some family time in again.  

Dirty Secret Time:  For those that don't know, I attended CSU from 1974-1983 for my Master's and PhD.  I taught a number of courses there (Soil Mechanics Lab 12-15 times, Mechanics of Material Labs 3-4 times, Statics, Soil Mechanics for Construction Management, and Soil Mechanics), as both a GTA and a Lecturer.  We moved to Laramie in August of 1981 and I taught there as a lecturer until I finished my PhD in 1983 and taught at UW for 34 years until I retired in May, 2015.  

Funny story.  There was a fan at the CSU dinner one night who looked so much like Prof. Dick Gutkowski that I finally went up and asked him if he was any relation.  He laughed and said that he was not related to any professor, but that he had gone to CSU in the Construction Management and worked for the physical plant.  I said I had taught the ICM Soil's class in 1979, and he said that I may have been his professor!  You never know.

Go Pokes!



Comments

Post a Comment