You Can't Get Lost - Day 18

 Simple day today.  Dumped my tanks, half filled the water and took off for Phoenix.  It was a pretty easy drive of 200 miles, except from Flagstaff to Phoenix is downhill with sections at 6% grade, so you have to be aware of your speed (I drive at 60 mph) and your brakes.  That all ended fine, except catching the beginning of Phoenix afternoon traffic.  Driving a 50 foot long motorhome and tow vehicle requires planning to hit holes in the traffic lanes once you know how the next section looks.  I envy those new rigs with side cameras to see what the traffic to the side and back looks like.  But, I made it here without too much  problem.

I'm staying with Bob and Loraine, long time college friends.  In fact, the history is I tried to date Loraine freshman year and she kept coming up with excuses not to go out with me.  When I finally pressed her as to what was going on, she explained she was dating a guy at her church.  His name was Bob. I turned around and started asking out her friend who sat at our meal table.  Her name was Sally.  Sally and Loraine were both music majors, Sally in music education and Loraine in performance.  What a Voice!!!  Bob graduated with very high honors in Math and then went to CU Med school.  After Sally and I moved to New Jersey and back, Bob started a practice in Haxton, CO, which was where my MS project was located, so we started getting together with them again.  Bob has worked in the family practice residency programs in Cheyenne and Scottsdale.  And they are both wonderful human beings.  I'll be here for five days.

 As soon I got the car unhitched, I went over to Verizon to change my data plans.  I've done most of my computer hotspotting off my phone, and went through a lot of data in a short period of time in Vegas.  It ended up that the person I worked with got all four accounts incorrect, so right now, I'm hotspotting on Sally's phone.  I'll get that fixed tomorrow. 

My goal for the next couple of days is to be low key and comfortable.  I have two cousins here in town and I'm going to try and get in touch with them while I'm here also.  

We'll see what tomorrow brings.  

t

Comments