You Can't Get Lost - Day 4

You Can't Get Lost - Day 4 

Today was another quiet day.  Which I am greatly appreciative of.  We went to the grocery store and I got some supplies.  

I then went to the car wash to spray my car.  For some reason, this is the dirtiest I can ever remember my car being after being towed behind the motorhome.  It was incredible, bumper to bumper.  I used the windshield wiper and felt like I was looking out the entrance of a tunnel.  
But, the highlight of the day was dinner.  Tom sous vide and seared some filets and Jere made up some asparagus and new potatoes and salad.  And peach cobbler from last years' Palisade peaches.  The steaks were beautifully medium-rare (131.5 degrees)  and he made an herb butter to go on top.  If you haven't tried sous vide, you need to.  
The last steakhouse I went to with Liz, I noticed that the medium rare was uniformly pink throughout, with a seared crust.  You can cook a thick steak to medium rare in the center, but it will have a gradient from the outside in.  They had to have used sous vide to get that uniform color and texture.  And that is how/why sous vide was developed, to precook meat so it would be at the perfect temperature and maintain it there.  Liz bought me one for my birthday and I'm hooked.  I brought it with me on the trip.  I'll fix some meals for after the basketball games.  
Tomorrow, I'm heading out to Sevier, UT.  The weather is supposed to be nice and it should be an easy drive on an arrow straight road through central Utah.  
See you then!


IMG_2898 - Loading the sous vide

IMG_2903 - Putting pats of herb butter on the seared steaks


IMG_2899 - What Jere calls the "Golden Minutes" on the Bookcliffs


Comments