You Can't Get Lost - Day 6

 Red-letter day for me!  I've decided that it is going to be warm enough to fill my water tank.  However, it took a while to clear the antifreeze out of the lines and tank, it is a process of diluting the water and antifreeze in the tank and then pumping it out, about six times.  Normally, you just dump it to drain the tank, but that's not good etiquette in an RV Park, so I had to drain the gray water tank three times and will have to again tomorrow before I pull out.  And I unhooked the water hose so the hydrant wouldn't freeze, just in case.  

I had some "help" today, the Guard Goose.  This old honker followed me around the whole time I was working outside and stood outside the door when I was inside, honking the whole time.  He became quite a nuisance and was very angry when I didn't pay attention to him.  Angry enough that he left three calling cards within three feet of my door.  I didn't catch the first one until I was walking around inside the motorhome.  Blahhh.  

I did do a little driving today.  I remembered having been on this road before and wanted to drive past a site that intrigued me. The snow-covered mountain is the Big Rock Candy Mountain.  At least, that's what the sign says.  And it is an official Utah landmark.   Of course, there's (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovKk_kPmAk4) or (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVNAosvd1As)!!! and naturally (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWminVCg3TA).  Unfortunately, the mountain was named after the original song came out in 1928.  OTOH, Burl Ives was riding the rails in the 30's and 40's and may have passed this way.  

Anyway, I'm glad I passed this way, because I decided I was going to make popcorn tonight, and didn't have any butter.  So I drove to Marysvale and found a gas station/grocery store and got it.  But across the street was Tomato's Pizza Place.  I hadn't had a pizza for a while, so I decided to stop.  And what a stop!  I ordered a New Yorker (a garbage can pizza which I love) and it was one of the best pizza's I've had in my life.  No kidding.  I was everything that you could imagine a pizza to be.  And the salad on the side was just great.  

The only sad part, I never made the popcorn.  I was too full.  Maybe tomorrow.  In Lost Wages.

The Guard Goose




The Big Rock Candy Mountain




Comments