You Can't Get Lost - Day 5

 Hi All, 

It was a big day at Jere and Tom's house.  They bought a ranchette (admittedly a healthy one of 10 acres) two years ago.  You can see some of the two acres where their house and shop are located on the aerial view with my motorhome.  The rest is rented to a local farmer, so they get some income from that land. 

Anyway, when they bought it, they anticipated doing some extensive remodeling.  The west side of the house had an enclosed walkway, sunroom, bathroom, storage/laundry room which was really poorly laid out.  And the kitchen had a large freestanding wall to separate it from the living room.  (You can see some of the wall  framing in the pictures of Tom cooking yesterday.)  

As they got started into the demolition, they found some questionable construction in the rafters which required some major support work.  The contractor ordered a new set of engineered rafters in October.  They were delivered in January, and the rafters were placed today.  A crane was able to lift the rafters into place and as of noon today, almost all the rafters are in place.  Hopefully tonight, some of the roofing is in place to beat the storm probably coming in on Saturday or so. With the roofing being completed, much of the interior work can begin, so they are hoping that this will kickstart the project and get it moving.  Best wishes.  

I left them about 12:30 or so and headed to Sevier, UT and the campground there.  I had a couple of stops along the way and ended up not getting there until after 6:30, and the office was closed and with full cloud cover, I could hardly see anything.  I had called the manager from Green River, UT and said I would be late, and he told me to just pull into one of the spaces in front of office, but don't hook up the water until tomorrow, or there would be a $500 fine....whoof.  Ok then.  I think it was to make sure the hydrant wouldn't freeze, but I've never heard it put that way before.  Fine, I'm still dry, and I have several gallons of water left so it was not an issue.  However, when I used the bathroom by the office, I saw the sign (IMG_2910).  I guess the tissue is the issue.  That's the old west for you.  I'm here for two nights, so I can explore a little tomorrow.  

See you then.

Some of the pictures show the:

IMG_2884 - Southwest corner of the house which will become the master bedroom and the rafters leaning against the wall, 


IMG_4293 and IMG_4295 - A rafter being lifted into place with the crane.




IMG_2908 - Driving I-70 about Exit 30.


IMG_2910 - Sign in Sevier River Campground Bathroom


Comments